JUDICIAL PSYCHOPHYSIOLOGICAL EXAMINATION WITH THE USE OF THE POLYGRAPH
POLYGRAPH IS EFFICIENT
AND IN THE JUDICIAL PLANE
The accumulated experience in carrying out inspections on a polygraph has demonstrated its effectiveness not only in the frame of selection of personnel and solving other problems, but also within the framework of the judicial procedural plane.
The Ukrainian Polygraph Association has become a recognized leader in the field of forensic examination using polygraph.
CANCELED VERDICTS OR HOW THE POLYGRAPH HELPS TO
SAVE THE FATE
Experts-polygraph examiners of the UPA carried out hundreds of examinations in court cases and here are the results:
– proved the innocence of the accused in serious crimes.
– helped to return the property in the course of civil proceedings.
– revealed the bias of judges.
THE BEST ATTORNEYS OF KIEV AND UKRAINE TRUST TO THE UPA
The conclusions of the forensic examinations of the UPA provide an opportunity:
– “smash” the false accusation and false affairs.
– help to fill gaps in the evidence base.
– help establish the crime scene and its concealed accomplices.
Our association was involved in the investigation of more than 100 criminal and civil trials throughout Ukraine.
IN THE UPA WORK PROFESSIONAL LAWYERS-POLYGRAPHOLOGISTS
Only professional lawyers-polygraph specialists are working in the UPA team.
We know how to carry out the examination correctly, also we know all the “subtle” moments in the conduct of forensic psychophysiological examination using a polygraph.
To ensure that your expertise on polygraph is not “broken” even by a middle-aged lawyer, you must, before ordering this service, get answers to the following questions from your expert:
- Does the expert you addressed to have a proper education, confirmed by a document of the state standard? (Experts-polygraph examiners of UPA have documents on education in the direction of “expert polygraph examiner” of the National University of Ukraine);
- Does the expert whom you applied to have documents confirming the legality of acquiring / inventing a polygraph on the territory of Ukraine? (UPA works only on polygraphs lawfully produced in Ukraine);
- Does the expert you addressed to have the necessary technical documentation for the polygraph that is recognized by the standardization bodies in Ukraine? (UPA polygraphs have all the necessary technical documentation according to state standards);
- Check the availability of technical documentation in Ukrainian (all documentation for polygraphs UPA in Ukrainian).
UPA strictly observes all requirements of the legislation when conducting forensic examinations using a polygraph.
UPA experts have everything you need to get your case approved for a polygraph test:
– documents on the formation of the state sample.
– documents for the instrument of examination – polygraph (if there are no such documents, even an average lawyer or prosecutor can easily “break” the examination in court, it is necessary to control the availability of all permits and pay attention to the issuer of these documents).
Make the right choice. Carefully choose a polygraph examiner based on experience, legality and technical equipment.
LEGALIZED ORDER OF ACTION
The procedure for the appointment and conduct of psychophysiological examinations with the use of polygraph is regulated by the Ministry of Justice order No. 53/5 of 10/08/1998.
“On approval of the Instruction on the appointment and conduct of forensic examinations and expert studies and Scientific and methodological recommendations on the preparation and appointment of forensic examinations and expert studies,” which describe both the possibilities of psychological examination (research) and the duties, rights and responsibilities of forensic experts State specialized expert institutions, and those certified forensic experts who do not work in state specialized expert institutions.
July 27, 2015 in Ukraine, the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine polygraph was recognized as a method that can be used by forensic experts in the manufacture of forensic examinations and expert studies.
In particular, surveys using a special technical means – computer polygraph can be conducted to obtain indicative information on criminal, civil, administrative, economic and other cases, as well as upon inquiries of interested physical (legal) persons.
07/27/2015 The Ministry of Justice of Ukraine issued Order No. 1350/5 of 27.07.2015 “On Amendments to Order No. 53/5 of October 8, 1998 of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine,” namely, on making changes in the Scientific and Methodological Recommendations on the Preparation and The appointment of forensic examinations and expert studies, which in particular were supplemented with a new paragraph 6.8 in section VI “Psychological examination”:
“6.8. In order to obtain indicative information, polls can be conducted using a special technical means – a computer polygraph.
6.8.1. The subject of a survey using a special technical means – computer polygraph is to obtain indicative information on:
- the degree of probability reported by the person interviewed;
- completeness of information provided by the person interviewed;
- sources of information received by the person interviewed;
- the views of the person interviewed about a particular event;
- other indicative information necessary for constructing versions of investigation of certain events.
6.8.2. Such surveys can be conducted only with the written consent of the person who will be interviewed. ”
WHO ELSE CAN CARRY OUT JUDICIAL EXAMINATION WITH THE HELP OF A POLYGRAPH?
According to Part 4 of the Art. 7 of the Law of Ukraine “On Forensic Expertise” for carrying out certain types of examinations that are not conducted exclusively by state specialized agencies upon the decision of an authorized person or body that appoints a judicial one, except for forensic experts, as well as other specialists in the relevant field of knowledge.
Experience in the use of forensic psychophysiological expertise with the use of polygraph in criminal and civil proceedings indicates that, according to the above rule and the provisions of the Article 222 of the current Criminal Procedure Code of Ukraine, persons who have received the relevant training and have special knowledge in this field may be involved as experts.
It is very important that the expert has a document on the establishment of an educational institution that has a relevant license. Otherwise, the conclusion may not be recognized by the court as evidence.
The competence of the forensic expert (polygraph examiner) includes the formulation of conclusions on the following issues:
- About the degree of awareness of the subject about an event or details that are of interest to the initiator of the examination, due to the presence (absence) in the memory of a person of images formed in connection with what happened;
- On the circumstances of obtaining the information about the event by the examined person, which served as an occasion for conducting a psychophysiological examination using a polygraph;
- About the person’s actions / omissions in the events that have become the subject of the study.
An indicative list of questions that can be applied by an expert polygraph examiner in practice when conducting a psychophysiological examination using a technical means – a computer polygraph:
- did the investigated person do action / inaction in the past, which were attributed to him or caused an object of the dispute (did he strike, did he use violence, took money from the safe, entered into sexual relations, transferred documents, received money, whether he fired at anyone, whether he forged documents / money / securities, etc.);
- whether the researcher was present and whether the process of committing an unlawful act, in respect of the circumstances of which the examination was carried out using a polygraph (was a witness), was observed;
- does the researcher consciously hide any information known to him about the event under investigation?
- are there in the victim’s allegations about a person suspected of having committed violent or other unlawful acts?
- are there any self-incrimination in the statements of the researcher when he claims his involvement in the commission of a crime in the event of pleading guilty?
That is, a psychophysiological examination using a polygraph in the overwhelming majority of cases turned out to be more useful and useful precisely to confirm the person’s innocence in committing a criminal offense.
It should be recognized that such a situation is natural and justified, since instrumental studies using a polygraph should not be regarded as a means to confirm the person’s guilt in committing a criminal offense, since at the heart of any such survey, the psychological component is primarily a person’s desire to confirm the truthfulness of his statements, that is, the need for self-preservation.
WE USE INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE IN THE WORK
Specialists of the UPA apply in their activity methods, based on the best experience of Ukrainian, Russian and American polygraph schools.
Our experts work all over Ukraine. In any city you can contact the representative of our association and get proper service.
DO YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION
ABOUT THE JUDICIAL EXAMINATION?
For more detailed information on conducting a forensic psychophysiological examination using a polygraph, please contact:
Executive Director of the UPA, founder of the UPA
Expert polygraph examiner, lawyer, reserve officer of the Security Service of Ukraine
Trainer of Psychology of Odessa National University
Co-author of the law “On polygraph activities”
Contact: +38 (096) 966 9000
KEY STAGES OF JUDICIAL
6 main stages:
- 1. Detailed description by the customer of the plot of the case, on which the examination is carried out on the lie detector, with copies of all available procedural documents. Agreement with the expert polygraph expert on the issues that are planned to be submitted for examination.
All questions in the study on a polygraph may concern only the actions of the researcher in the past, the knowledge of the researcher about a particular fact, his participation in certain actions.
- The direction of the petition for examination to the investigator or to the court, which examines the case in fact.
Examination on polygraph can be carried out not only in the criminal process, but also in civil or administrative. If you are not returned a debt, you became a hostage to scammers, you were forced to sign a document, and illegally accused of committing actions that you did not do, an examination on the lie detector will help you to consolidate your evidence base.
It is mandatory to attach to the petition examples of court decisions / verdicts, in which expertise was used with the use of a lie detector.
- Satisfaction by the investigator or court of an application for a psychophysiological examination on a polygraph and issuing an appropriate resolution, in which the examination of the lie detector is entrusted to the ALL-UKRAINIAN ASSOCIATION OF THE POLYGRAPHOLOGISTS.
In case of refusal to satisfy the petition, we will help you to correct it and reasonably appeal. This is included in the cost of forensic examination on a polygraph.
- Acquaintance of the expert polygraph examiner with the case materials, appointment of the place and time of the examination.
The expert polygraph examiner should thoroughly familiarize himself with all the case materials in order to methodically correctly build tests for polygraph testing and not miss important details.
- Conduct a forensic psychophysiological examination using a polygraph (a lie detector).
The study on a polygraph can be carried out in several stages. The duration of one stage of the study is about 2-3 hours.
- Drawing up conclusions on the results of the examination and transferring it to the customer and the investigator / court.
The transfer of the conclusion on the results of the examination on the lie detector occurs by sending an official cover letter to the name of the investigator or judge who ordered the examination, which is the categorical reason for involving the examination in the case materials.
PSYCHOLOGICAL EXPERTISE IN COURT
Another type of examination, which is carried out by the specialists of the UPA, is the conduct of a psychological examination.
Psychological examination is a multilevel and complex study of personality.
MAIN DIRECTIONS OF PSYCHOLOGICAL EXPERTISE:
– Identification of individual characteristics of the person
– determination of motivation of activity
– Definition of the features of emotional reactions
– determination of the dominant personal qualities.
ADVANTAGES OF PSYCHOLOGICAL EXPERTISE:
Psychological expertise allows us to disclose the exact motives and content of specific human actions, as well as the peculiarities of his behavior in certain situations.
The results of the psychological examination can be used not only in the context of legal proceedings, but also in:
- taking managerial and personnel decisions
- predicting the behavior of specific individuals
- optimization of the collective’s performance and the success of interpersonal relations in it, in particular.
PSYCHOLOGICAL EXPERTISE ALLOWS:
- evaluate the intellectual and intellectual development of the individual;
- study the specificity of cognitive processes (memory, thinking, speech);
- determine the features of the flow of emotional states;
- assess the degree of awareness of one’s own actions by the individual;
- structure of the personality motivation system;
- study the characteristics of the individual characteristics of the individual.
In addition, the experts of the UPA conduct such a kind of psychological examination, which is called psychological examination of video materials of investigative actions.
It is used, as a rule, in criminal and administrative proceedings, when a person during the investigation gives contradictory testimony, and later completely refuses them.
YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION
ABOUT THE PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION ?
For more detailed information on conducting psychophysiological examination using a polygraph, please contact:
Candidate of Psychological Sciences
Reserve officer of the SBU
Author of the methodology of psychological evaluation of the reliability of evidence
Specialist in the field of non-instrumental lie detection
Contact: +38 096 966 9000
The uniqueness of the examination is that during the conduct of such an examination, which is carried out necessarily in an integrated manner, there is the possibility of involving the author of this methodology in its conduct, which guarantees the quality and professionalism of this study.
QUESTIONS FOR CARRYING OUT
- Are there any psychological signs of reliability or unreliability in the testimony of a suspect recorded on a videotape of interrogation and other investigative actions involving him?
- Is the suspect himself setting the information during the investigation?
- Was psychological pressure exercised on the suspected time of testimony recorded on the video?
Все услуги предпринимательского характера, о которых идет речь на сайте ВАП, предоставляются компанией DSP (код ЕГРПОУ 30780287) либо частными полиграфологами, которые несут ответственность за соблюдение законодательства в сфере торговли/предоставления услуг.