Training of polygraphologists
Polygraphologists refresher training courses
If you want to become a polygraph specialist with the right, fundamental knowledge recognized in international circles, as well as to be able to quickly develop in this profession and become a professional in your field, carefully read the materials in this section.
To achieve this goal, you need to choose the right place to get an education in the specialty of “expert polygraph examiner”
EXPERT-POLYGRAPHOLOGIST is a profession that was officially established in 2010 in the National Qualifier of Occupations of Ukraine (profession code – 2144.2).
UPA (Ukrainian polygraph association) is engaged in training and has been preparing expert polygraph examiners for many years.
Since the reliability of studies using a polygraph depends directly on the experience and skills of a polygraph examiner, on the organization of his work, the quality of equipment and other factors, the correct choice of the place of training is the number one question for those who take the start of the profession.
PROBLEMS OF TRAINING IN PRIVATE SCHOOLS
“Wrong knowledge is worse than ignorance”
At the moment, there are a large number of private schools and polygraph examiners who offer their services in teaching skills in working with polygraph.
A person who has just made the decision to become a polygraph examiner, it is rather difficult to navigate the variety of proposals.
The majority become hostages of “marketing pictures” and fictitious promises of such teachers.
SEE THROUGH THE TRICK
Some of our “colleagues” are trying to provide a service for training polygraph examiners, without having a license for it and without providing a proper document on education. They issue a “paper on the passage of courses” on behalf of a private business entity for a document that will give you the right to subsequently be a forensic expert ??? At the same time they referto the explanations of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine No. 1 \ 9-58 of 04.02.2016, which has nothing to do with them.
OBJECTIVES OF TRAINING
- obtaining knowledge in the field of natural science researches bases on polygraph
- obtaining knowledge in the field of special terminology
- obtaining knowledge in the field of legal bases and organizational features of carrying out polygraph tests
- development of technical devices used in research;
- mastering effective methods and tests
- mastering the specifics of analyzing the results of polygraph tests and drawing up an expert opinion
- mastering the ethics of a polygraph examiner
5 REASONS TO TRAIN INTO UPA
Reason №1: UPA teachers
The Ukrainian Polygraph Association established the Scientific and Training Center, which included professors, doctors and candidates of science, the best polygraph specialists of Ukraine, having experience in instrumental and non-instrumental lie detection for more than 15 years.
Morozova Т.R. – Doctor of Psychology, senior researcher in the specialty of “legal psychology”.
Author of 65 scientific works in the direction of polygraphology, legal, penitentiary psychology.
She studied at the Central Internal Affairs Directorate of the Krasnodar Territory in 2003, took a refresher course at the Kuban State Technological University in 2006.
Barko V.I. – Doctor of Psychology, Professor of the Department of Sociology and Psychology.
In 1999, he graduated from the Academy of Legal Psychophysiology (USA, Florida, Largo), in 2003 he underwent further training at the Russian school “Epos”.
Author of more than 25 scientific articles and works in the field of instrumental lie detection, one of the most experienced polygraph examiners in Ukraine.
Vedmid V.A. – Executive Director of the UPA, a teacher of psychology at the Odessa National University, an expert polygraph examiner.
He has been practicing polygraph studies since 2012, has conducted more than 1,000 studies, a representative of the School of Psychophysiology of the President of the UPA Dr. D. Dubrovskiy.
Co-author Methods of conducting psychophysiological studies using polygraph UPA.
Co-author of the draft Law of Ukraine “On polygraph activities”
Reason № 2: education certificate in a state-approved format
Polygraph examiners who have completed the training course on the basis of the WUA are provided with a state-recognized certificate. In the framework of the cooperation agreement with the Odessa National University named after I.I. Mechnikov, the training program was standardized and approved by the Scientific Council of the IST ONU I.I. Mechnikov University.
We are the only ones on the market who will show you a certificate of the state model of the National University.
Reason №3: universal training course
The basis laid down in the methodical part of the training of the expert polygraph examiners of the UPA is the Approved university program of teaching the most effective polygraph research techniques of world recognition, passed for many decades the accuracy tests used by polygraph specialists all over the world, which makes it possible to understand each other without words and knowledge of languages.
We do not use any “author” methods and technicians in training
We do not show orders and regulations
We just conduct effective training
Our polygraph training program is developed on the basis of educational and scientific-practical materials, the program of which provides training of polygraph specialists the most authoritative teachers with a world-wide name.
The training course for polygraph examiners of the UPA unites the experience and achievements of all the world’s leading schools (USA, Japan, Russia) and individual scientific “luminaries” in the field of instrumental lie detection: Varlamov V.A., Kholodnyi Yu.I., Ch. Slapsky, N.Gordon , Pelenitsyn A.B., Luria A.R., K. Baxter.
Thanks to a diverse galaxy of teachers, our entrants can gain in-depth knowledge and further use the entire palette of currently available methods in the field of polygraph studies.
Applicants get knowledge and skills on a computer polygraph, using the combined method of control and significant issues. You will also receive knowledge that relates to the psychology of lies. Learn the techniques for identifying carefully hidden information precisely from the unconscious level. Learn psychodiagnostics.
Reason №4: multi-stage training and individual support
The polygraph training course consists of three stages:
- Preparatory (correspondence) stage – is an independent study of the course of theoretical foundations, which makes it possible to understand the general principles and terminology of the profession expert polygraph examiner. Passes to the beginning of actual training on the basis of the materials submitted by the UPA.
- The full-time stage – the theoretical, methodical and practical material is directly studied, voluminous homework is performed. The duration of the full-time part is 30 days. The duration of practical classes is at least 150 hours. The material is maximally adaptive for all students, regardless of the level of preparation of each.
In addition, you will thoroughly review and study each known form and method of countering the examination on the lie detector, in order to identify their signs in time.
- Individual curatorial support –an individual curator is attached to each graduate, who during six months helps in the analysis of the researches and conclusions of the beginning polygraph examiner.
Reason №5: gaining skills at once on four polygraphs
In our arsenal there are the best polygraphs in the world: RUBICON, LAFAYETTE, AXCITON, CRIS. Applicants get skills on all these polygraphs and can independently decide on what polygraph they should work after training.
RUBICON is the only polygraph in Ukraine that has all the permits of the state standard.
Everyone who has completed training in the UPA, we give a 10% discount on the acquisition of the RUBICON polygraph.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATES
When selecting candidates for training at the training center of the Ukrainian Polygraph Association, preliminary qualitative selection of candidates with a certain number of personal qualities is important, which is a conditional guarantee that a person can become a «piece» specialist, our graduate, whom we can be proud of, His extensive experience and professional experience?
We initially set a high standard for our school of study and the main condition – not to pursue the quantity, but to work on quality.
- the age is only FROM 24 years old;
- compulsory availability of higher education;
- absence of previous convictions;
- having a steady interest in the profession;
- experience of working in teams and relationships with people;
- the presence of communicability and talkativeness;
- sufficient intellectual development, versatility of interests, broad outlook;
- ability and willingness to learn and self-learn;
- ability to make independent decisions and to resist the opinions of others;
- good health and high stress resistance;
- creative personality warehouse;
- respect for people;
- ability to work with a personal computer
Professional competences that you will need to purchase during training:
- ability to select and apply psychodynamic methods adequate to the goals, situation and contingent of respondents with subsequent mathematical and statistical processing of data and their interpretation;
- the ability to identify the specific features of a person’s mental functioning, taking into account the peculiarities of age, development crises and risk factors, his belonging to gender, ethnic, professional and other social groups;
- the ability to psychological diagnosis, prediction changes and dynamics of the level of development of the cognitive and motivational-volitional sphere, self-consciousness, psychomotorics, abilities, character, temperament, functional states, personality traits and accidents in the norm and with mental abnormalities with the aim of harmonizing the mental functioning of a person;
- the ability to conduct standard applied research in a specific field of psychology;
- the ability to implement basic procedures for analyzing human problems, the socialization of the individual, professional and educational activities, and the functioning of people with disabilities, including in various diseases.
Required permanent presence in the classroom.
Training consists of 3 stages, described above:
- In the group no more than 10 people.
- Training is conducted in Ukrainian or Russian, depending on the decision of the majority of entrants.
- The result of the training is a comprehensive exam on the theoretical and practical skills of research using a polygraph. It is allowed to re-take the exam.
Following the results of training polygraphologists are provided with the following documents:
- certificate of the state sample of the National University;
- certificate on the completion of the training course for polygraph examiners of the All-Ukrainian Polygraph Association;
- certification of a polygraph examiner – UPA member
In addition, each polygraph examiner who received training in the UPA is provided with an electronic version of the Methodology for carrying out studies using polygraph UPA, advanced literature on working with polygraph, psychology and psychophysiology.
DOCUMENTS FOR TRAINING
- application (to be completed on the first day of training)
- application form (completed on the first day of training)
- copy of the diploma of higher education
- copy of the passport
- copy of identification code
- photo 3 * 4 (in printed or electronic form)
Each entrant during the training should have:
- Notepad with A-4 sheets for abstracts
- pens / pencils of different colors
- Notebook with Windows, 7 or 10 (32-bit)
PROGRAM OF PREPARATION OF POLYGRAPHOLOGIES
Day 1. General:
- introductory talk
- polygraph examiner deontology
- history of appearance and development of instrumental lie detection
Day 2. PSUP as the basis for instrumental lie detection:
- psychophysiological study using polygraph (hereinafter – PSUP) as an applied area of psychophysiology
- history of appearance and development of instrumental lie detection
- the main theoretical concepts of the PSUP
- polygraph application areas
- tasks to be addressed by the PSUP
Day 3. Psychological component of the instrumental detection of lies:
- central nervous system (brain structures, neuronal activity)
- conscious and unconscious processes (interhemispheric asymmetry)
- mental processes (perception, memory, attention, emotions, attitudes, adaptation)
- integration of mental processes (significance, meaning)
- correlation of mental and physiological processes
Day 4. Physiological regulation of tension and relaxation processes:
- enkephalin – endorphin system (antagonist interaction)
- sympathic-parasympathetic system (interaction of antagonists)
- gas exchange system (interaction of antagonists)
- conjugation of the functioning of the processes of tension and relaxation
Day 5. Registration channels:
- classification of registration channels;
- the degree of reliability of indicators;
- registration channels of respiratory activity (VDH, NDH)
Day 6. Registration channel of electrocutaneous activity:
- skin-galvanic reaction (GGR)
- skin resistance (CR)
Day 7. Registration channels of cardiovascular activity:
- photoplethysmogram (PPS)
- piezoplethysmogram (PPG)
- blood pressure (BP)
- registration tremor channel (RTC)
- audio streaming channel (ASC)
Day 8. Software and sensors for polygraph
- installation and adjustment of software
- software features
- sensor mounting
Day 9. Issues applicable to the PSUP:
- general rules (classification)
- rules for each group of questions (psychophysiological and linguistic criteria)
- Rules for the formulation of questions (psycholinguistics, hypnogenic components, interhemispheric specificity of information perception)
Day 10. Traditional methodical techniques applicable in the PSUP:
- methods, techniques, tests (classification, features)
- method of revealing hidden information
Day 11. Techniques used in the American Polygraph Association:
- peak voltage technique
- method of guilty knowledge (test formats: POT, SPOT, CIT, etc.)
- method of control questions (test formats: ZCT, Utah test, AFMGQT, YouPhase, DLST personnel test, etc.)
Day 12. Modified methodical techniques applicable in the PSUP:
- blocks of questions (relevance, principles, advantages)
- methods, methods (classification, features)
- combined methods (principles, specificity)
Day 13. Organization of the PSUP:
- tactics and research strategy (for screening, for investigations)
- pre-test activities (varieties, advantages and disadvantages)
- legal grounds for the PSUP
- rules for the preparation of documents of the PSUP
Day 14. Procedure of the PSUP:
- requirements for a research facility
- criteria for selecting the time of day and day for research
- indications and contraindications for research
Day 15. Methods of expert review and analysis:
- principles for making decisions on the results of the audit;
- limits of the reliability of the results obtained;
- factors that reduce the reliability of decision making;
- typical methodological errors in decision making.
Day 16. Rules for the conclusion of the conclusion of the PSUP:
- types of conclusions
- constituent parts of the conclusions
Day 17. Comparative characteristics of computer polygraphs
- polygraph RUBIKON
- polygraph AXCITON
- polygraph CRIS
- polygraph LAFAYETTE
- software specificity
Day 18. Procedure before and during the procedure:
- sequence of information
- conducting pre-test counseling
- carrying out an incentive test
Day 19. Artifacts and opposition:
- classification of artifacts
- ways to identify artifacts
- differentiation of unconscious artifacts from deliberate counteractions
- carrying out an incentive test
- conducting tests on the method of revealing concealed information
- expert analysis of the PSUP (for example, screening)
Day 20. Practical classes:
- carrying out an incentive test
- conducting tests on the method of control questions
- expert analysis of the PSUP (on the example of the investigation)
Day 21. Practical classes:
- carrying out an incentive test
- conducting tests by the method of neutral-checking questions
- conducting tests on combined methodical techniques
- Drawing up of the conclusion of the PSUP
Day 22. Practical training, conducting PSUP by entrants, their analysis
Day 23. Practical lessons, conducting PSUP by entrants, their analysis
Day 24. Conducting the final comprehensive exam on the theoretical and practical skills of entrants. Solemn presentation of documents to “young polygraphists”.
We will help you to become a top-level polygraph examiner.
WHAT PERSPECTIVES AFTER TRAINING?
After training, you will be able to choose one of the following options:
- Get a job as a polygraph specialist in state structures or law enforcement agencies (in the National Security Service, the Security Service, the Prosecutor General’s Office, the salary is about 10 thousand UAH, the polygraph examiner searches for vacancies independently);
- To get a job as a polygraph specialist in private structures (banks, payment systems, trading networks, agricultural holdings, etc., wages of about 15-25 thousand UAH, the polygraph examiner searches for vacancies independently);
- Start a private practice of a polygraph examiner and “work for yourself”. In this case, your earnings can be from 500 to 3000 US dollars per month. Everything will depend on your professionalism and ability to correctly choose advertising and marketing strategies. We will help you register your business in accordance with the law; choose the right forms of activity, the optimal form of management. We can also offer you a ready-made website template for promotion.
COST OF EDUCATION
Beginning of training – October 01, 2018.
Cost of full course of group training / preparation of an expert-polygraph examiner (3 stages) – 2000 USD (calculation in UAH at market rate).
The cost of individual training (3 stages, the schedule is agreed) – 4000 USD (calculation in UAH at market rate)
DISCOUNTS FOR TRAINING:
10% – for companies ordering training of 2 or more persons.
20% – for law enforcement officers and persons booking the training until August 1, 2018 (for the group from October 1, 2018).
For graduates there are also special prices for RUBICON polygraphs. In detail
After the course, which will begin on October 01, 2018, the next training course is scheduled for February 2019.
Ukrainian Polygraph Association is recruiting groups for the training of polygraph examiners from Kiev, Kharkov, Odessa, Dnipro, Chernigov, Poltava, Cherkassy, Chernivtsi, Kropivnitskiy, Nikolaev, Kherson, Melitopol, Krivoy Rog, Zaporozhe, Sumy, Zhytomyr, Lvov, Rivne, Uzhgorod, Khmelnitsky and other cities of Ukraine.
AS A RESULT OF MASTERING THE PROGRAM, THE LISTENER WILL
- the history of the formation and development of special psychophysiological studies using the lie detector;
- the main stages of development of means and methods of checks on polygraph;
- natural science research principles using polygraph;
- methodological bases of studies using polygraph;
- requirements for the organization of polygraph tests;
- basics of visual, expert evaluation and analysis of registered (recorded) reactograms (polygrams), diagnosis of the emotional state of the subjects;
- factors influencing the reliability of conclusions based on the results of research on the lie detector;
- the generally accepted domestic and international terminology in the field of polygraph application;
- the content of regulatory legal acts relating to the conduct of forensic examinations with the use of a polygraph;
- the principles of predicting human behavior based on known behavioral characteristics and data of psychophysiological research;
- informative signs of physiological reactions and a system for evaluating polygrams.
Be able to:
- organize their professional activities on the basis of their knowledge;
- evaluate the possibility of conducting a polygraph test to determine the issues raised for resolution;
- choose the methods and methods for carrying out polygraph checks that are adequate to the questions posed for resolution;
- analyze verbal and non-verbal manifestations of the psychological and physiological activity of the inspected during the lie detector tests;
- analyze psychological and physiological characteristics recorded by a polygraph during polygraph tests;
- draw up a competent opinion on the results of the research;
- identify the individual psychological features of the subject;
- apply various methods of conducting tests on the lie detector during investigations, official checks, personnel tasks;
- confidently work with equipment for inspections and forensic examinations using a polygraph;
- recognize the signs of counteraction to conducting interviews using polygraph devices;
- use the knowledge gained to improve the professional and daily activities of polygraph examiners;
- be able to prove the presence or absence of a link between psychological characteristics and behavioral patterns of a person using adequate methodology, statistical and logical justifications.
- skills in the practical use of polygraph devices for the effective resolution of official tasks of law enforcement;
- skills in using polygraph devices in the activities of security units;
- skills of interaction with experts of various profiles in the interests of preparing a conclusion of psycho-physiological examination using polygraph devices.
APPLICATION FOR TRAINING
For registration of the application for training, please call: +38 044 578 19 00 or +38 096 966 9000
You can also send an application for training to. E-mail of the UARP: email@example.com
Groups are typed in the order of priority of receipt of applications.
The training begins on October 01, 2018, the end of the full-time part – October 27, 2018.
Place of study: Kiev, street. Frometovskaya, 2a (MAUP, Metro Demiivskaya).
Training schedule: 9:00 – 14:00 from Monday to Saturday inclusive.
Training in UPA (detail here)