Training of polygraph examiners.
Profession “expert-polygraph examiner”
If you want to become a polygraph examiner with the correct, fundamental knowledge recognized in international circles, as well as being able to quickly grow into this profession and become a professional in your business, carefully read the materials of this section.
The right place to study is the number one issue for those who start a career.
The reliability of polygraph researches directly depends on the skills of the polygraph examiner and its scientific and practical basis.
THE ALL-UKRAINIAN POLYGRAPH ASSOCIATION (UPA) conducts polygraph examinations and organizes courses of polygraph examiners (training of polygraph exeminers). As a result, more than 150 polygraph examiners have been trained, including for the National Police, Security service of Ukraine, The Ministry of infrastructure, Agrarian Fund of Ukraine and a number of private corporations.
The graduates of the UPA are automatically included in the UNIFIED REGISTER OF POLYGRAPH EXEMINERS and become members of the UPA.
EXPERT – POLYGRAPH EXAMINER – a profession that was officially approved in 2010 by the National Classifier of Occupations of Ukraine (code of profession – 2144.2).
PROBLEMS OF TRAINING IN PRIVATE ILLEGAL SCHOOLS
“Wrong knowledge is worse than ignorance”
At the moment, there is a large number of private schools and polygraph examiners offering their polygraph education services.
The person who only made the decision to become a polygraph examiner is quite difficult to navigate in a variety of proposals.
Most become hostages of “marketing images” and fictitious promises of unscrupulous teachers.
Do not let yourself be misleading
Some of our “colleagues” are trying to teach a polygraph examiner without licensing and without providing a proper education document.
As a result of pseudo-education, they will give you a “paper on passing courses” on behalf of a private entity that does not have a license for educational activities contrary to Clause 6 of Art. 7 of the Law of Ukraine “On Licensing Types of Economic Activities” and does not comply with the Licensing Conditions for conducting educational activities established by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
Requirements for the development of qualifications and documents issued as a result are detailed in the Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of 16.01.16 № 34.
By manipulating you, the same “colleagues” refer to the explanations of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine No. 1 / 9-58 dated 04.02.2016, which has nothing to do with them. It’s simple: the letter goes on to say that there is no need for a separate license for advanced training, and they interpret it as no need for a license at all. Yes, and the letter is addressed exclusively to educational institutions to which they do not belong.
Direct evidence of the need to study polygraph examiner on state standards in institutions that have a license and issue a document on education (advanced training) of the state sample are:
1. Instructions on the use of the polygraph in the activities of the Prosecutor’s office of Ukraine, which clearly specifies the specialist polygraph:
“A polygraph examiner is an employee of the public prosecutor’s office who has an educational degree of a”master”or “specialist” and received postgraduate education in polygraph specialists training programs in accordance with the requirements of the legislation of Ukraine on the procedure for obtaining postgraduate education, and the functional duties (job descriptions) conducting such a survey”.
2. Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated May 11, 2017, No. 449 “On Approval of the Procedure for conducting a psychophysiological study with the use of a polygraph in the State Bureau of Investigations”, which clearly specifies a polygraph specialist:
“A polygraph exeminer- an employee of a structural subdivision of the Bureau, or, if necessary, is attracted by a third-party specialist who speaks the state language, has a” master’s “degree and has received postgraduate education in the programs of training polygraph specialists.”
We are the only ones who will provide you with a training paper on the education of a “polygraph” of a state standard National University.
We strongly recommend that you not attend private schools that do not have a license for educational services, a scientific base, and academic staff.
TASK OF LICENSED EDUCATION
- obtaining knowledge in the field of natural science researches bases on polygraph
- obtaining knowledge in the field of special terminology
- obtaining knowledge in the field of legal bases and organizational features of carrying out polygraph tests
- development of technical devices used in research
- mastering effective methods and tests
- mastering the specifics of analyzing the results of polygraph tests and drawing up an expert opinion
- mastering the ethics of a polygraph examiner
5 REASONS TO STUDY IN THE UPA
Reason №1: UPA teachers
The All-Ukrainian Polygraph Association established the Scientific and Training Center, which included professors, doctors and candidates of science, the best polygraph specialists of Ukraine, having experience in instrumental lie detection for more than 15 years.
Tetyana Morozova – the President of the UPA, doctor of psychology, senior researcher in the specialty of “legal psychology”.
Author of 65 scientific works in the direction of polygraphology, legal, penitentiary psychology.
She studied at the Central Internal Affairs Directorate of the Krasnodar Territory in 2003, took a refresher course at the Kuban State Technological University in 2006.
Vadym Barko – doctor of psychology, professor of the Department of Sociology and Psychology.
In 1999, he graduated from the Academy of Legal Psychophysiology (USA, Florida, Largo), in 2003 he underwent further training at the Russian school “Epos”.
Author of more than 25 scientific articles and works in the field of instrumental lie detection, one of the most experienced polygraph examiners in Ukraine.
Volodymyr Vedmid – Executive Director of the UPA, a teacher of psychology at the Odessa National University, an expert polygraph examiner.
He has been practicing since 2012, has conducted more than 1,000 studies, a representative of the School of Psychophysiology of the First President of the UPA Dr. A.Dubrovskiy.
Co-author Methods of conducting psychophysiological studies using polygraph UPA.
Co-author of the draft Law of Ukraine “On polygraph activities”
Svetlana Lasunova – candidate of pedagogical sciences, Associate Professor at the Department of Social Assistance and Practical Psychology at Odessa I. Mechnnikov National University, Head of the UPA regional Representative Office in Odessa, member of the UPA Expert and Methodological Council.
She received a basic education as a polygraph examiner at the Polygraph Center (Odessa) Information Reliability Assessment Center. She completed a refresher course at the Center for Applied Psychophysiology of V.V. Korovin.
She is the developer and curator of advanced training programs for polygraph examiners (“Psychophysiological methods of research and examination using a polygraph”, “Applied and forensic psychophysiology”), which are implemented on the basis of the National University named after I.Mechnikov.
Reason № 2: education certificate in a state-approved format
Polygraph examiners who have completed the training course on the basis of the UPA are provided with a state-recognized certificate. In the framework of the cooperation agreement with the Odessa National University named after I.I. Mechnikov, the training program was standardized and approved by the Scientific Council of the IST ONU I.I. Mechnikov University.
We are the only ones on the market who will provide you with a certificate of the state standart of the National University.
Only after our courses graduates will automatically join
the UNIFIED REGISTER OF POLYGRAPH EXEMINERS
Reason №3: universal training course
The basis laid down in the methodical part of the training of the expert polygraph examiners of the UPA is the Approved university program of teaching the most effective polygraph research techniques of world recognition, passed for many decades the accuracy tests used by polygraph specialists all over the world, which makes it possible to understand each other without words and knowledge of languages.
We do not use any “author” methods and technicians in training
We do not show orders and regulations
We just conduct effective training
Our polygraph training program is developed on the basis of educational and scientific-practical materials, the program of which provides training of polygraph specialists the most authoritative teachers with a world-wide name.
The training course for polygraph examiners of the UPA unites the experience and achievements of all the world’s leading schools (USA, Japan, Russia) and individual scientific “luminaries” in the field of instrumental lie detection: Varlamov V.A., Kholodnyi Yu.I., Ch. Slapsky, N.Gordon , Pelenitsyn A.B., Luria A.R., K. Baxter.
Thanks to a diverse galaxy of teachers, our entrants can gain in-depth knowledge and further use the entire palette of currently available methods in the field of polygraph studies.
Applicants get knowledge and skills on a computer polygraph, using the combined method of control and significant issues. You will also receive knowledge that relates to the psychology of lies. Learn the techniques for identifying carefully hidden information precisely from the unconscious level. Learn psychodiagnostics.
Reason №4: multi-stage training and individual support
The polygraph training course consists of three stages:
- Preparatory (correspondence) stage – is an independent study of the course of theoretical foundations, which makes it possible to understand the general principles and terminology of the profession expert polygraph examiner. Passes to the beginning of actual training on the basis of the materials submitted by the UPA.
- The full-time stage – the theoretical, methodical and practical material is directly studied, voluminous homework is performed. The duration of the full-time part is 30 days. The duration of practical classes is at least 150 hours. The material is maximally adaptive for all students, regardless of the level of preparation of each.
In addition, you will thoroughly review and study each known form and method of countering the examination on the lie detector, in order to identify their signs in time.
- Individual curatorial support –an individual curator is attached to each graduate, who during six months helps in the analysis of the researches and conclusions of the beginning polygraph examiner.
Reason №5: gaining skills at once on four polygraphs
In our arsenal there are the best polygraphs in the world: RUBICON, LAFAYETTE, AXCITON, RIF. Applicants get skills on all these polygraphs and can independently decide on what polygraph they should work after training.
RUBICON is the only polygraph in Ukraine that has all the permits of the state standard.
Everyone who has completed training in the UPA, we give a 10% discount on the acquisition of the RUBICON polygraph.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATES
When selecting candidates for the courses of polygraph examiners of the UPA, it is important to prior qualitative selection of candidates with a certain number of personal qualities, which is a conditional guarantee that a person will not get an “artificial” specialist.
From the outset, we set a high standard for our school and the main condition – not to chase the number, but work on quality.
- age 24 years +
- compulsory availability of higher education (specialty does not matter)
- the presence of a stable interest in the profession
- communicative and communicative
- sufficient intellectual development, versatility of interests, broad outlook
- the ability to make independent decisions and to confront a stranger’s thoughts
- good health and high resistance to stress
- ability to work with a personal computer
The polygraph examiner’s course consists of three consecutive mandatory stages:
The preparatory (part-time) stage – independent study of the theoretical foundations, which allows you to understand the general principles and terminology of the profession polygraph examiner. Passes to the beginning of the actual training on the basis of materials provided to the entrants. It lasts 14 days before beginning full-time education.
The essential part of training – the main stage – directly theoretical, methodical and practical material is studied, the voluminous homework is performed. The duration of the eye part – 30 days. Duration of practical classes – not less than 150 hours. The material is maximally adapted to all students, regardless of the level of training each one.
Individual curatorial support – each graduate is assigned an individual curator who helps in the analysis of research, answers the question in a 24/7 mode, suggests ways to solve complex situations and does not leave the polygraph beginner alone with problems that may arise at the stage of formation. Duration – six months.
Polygraph exam courses are conducted in groups of no more than 10 persons.
Classes are held from 9:00 to 14:00 from Monday to Saturday inclusive. Weekend is Sunday.
Every day a homework assignment is required, which requires 2-3 hours to complete.
Mandatory permanent presence in classes. The training is conducted in Ukrainian or Russian, depending on the decision of the majority of entrants.
The result of the study is a comprehensive examination of theoretical knowledge and practical skills of conducting research using a polygraph. Retrying the exam is allowed.
In addition, each polygraph examiner who received training in the UPA is provided with an electronic version of the Methodology for carrying out studies using polygraph UPA, advanced literature on working with polygraph, psychology and psychophysiology.
DOCUMENTS FOR TRAINING
1. Applicants shall send to the post (email@example.com) in electronic form (in jpeg or pdf format) the following documents:
- diploma of higher education (specialty does not matter)
- passport (1 and 2 pages)
- photo 3 * 4 (electronically)
2. Based on the results of studying the documents and the person of the candidate, a decision is made to conclude a written agreement. We are the only ones in Ukraine who enter into formal written agreements on the organization of training polygraph examiners. All settlements take place in non-cash form on the details of the contract.
The draft agreement is sent for examination and approval of the candidate after the submission of the documents referred to in paragraph 1.
During training, every applicant must have:
- the originals of the above-mentioned documents
- notepad with sheets A-4 for a note
- pencils / pencils of different colors
- a laptop with a Windows 7 or 10 system
THE PROGRAM OF TRAINING OF POLYGRAPH EXEMINERS
Day 1. General:
- introductory talk
- polygraph examiner deontology
- history of appearance and development of instrumental lie detection
Day 2. PSUP as the basis for instrumental lie detection:
- psychophysiological study using polygraph (hereinafter – PSUP) as an applied area of psychophysiology
- history of appearance and development of instrumental lie detection
- the main theoretical concepts of the PSUP
- polygraph application areas
- tasks to be addressed by the PSUP
Day 3. Psychological component of the instrumental detection of lies:
- central nervous system (brain structures, neuronal activity)
- conscious and unconscious processes (interhemispheric asymmetry)
- mental processes (perception, memory, attention, emotions, attitudes, adaptation)
- integration of mental processes (significance, meaning)
- correlation of mental and physiological processes
Day 4. Physiological regulation of tension and relaxation processes:
- enkephalin – endorphin system (antagonist interaction)
- sympathic-parasympathetic system (interaction of antagonists)
- gas exchange system (interaction of antagonists)
- conjugation of the functioning of the processes of tension and relaxation
Day 5. Registration channels:
- classification of registration channels;
- the degree of reliability of indicators;
- registration channels of respiratory activity (VDH, NDH)
Day 6. Registration channel of electrocutaneous activity:
- skin-galvanic reaction (GGR)
- skin resistance (CR)
Day 7. Registration channels of cardiovascular activity:
- photoplethysmogram (PPS)
- piezoplethysmogram (PPG)
- blood pressure (BP)
- registration tremor channel (RTC)
- audio streaming channel (ASC)
Day 8. Software and sensors for polygraph
- installation and adjustment of software
- software features
- sensor mounting
Day 9. Issues applicable to the PSUP:
- general rules (classification)
- rules for each group of questions (psychophysiological and linguistic criteria)
- Rules for the formulation of questions (psycholinguistics, hypnogenic components, interhemispheric specificity of information perception)
Day 10. Traditional methodical techniques applicable in the PSUP:
- methods, techniques, tests (classification, features)
- method of revealing hidden information
Day 11. Techniques used in the American Polygraph Association:
- peak voltage technique
- method of guilty knowledge (test formats: POT, SPOT, CIT, etc.)
- method of control questions (test formats: ZCT, Utah test, AFMGQT, YouPhase, DLST personnel test, etc.)
Day 12. Modified methodical techniques applicable in the PSUP:
- blocks of questions (relevance, principles, advantages)
- methods, methods (classification, features)
- combined methods (principles, specificity)
Day 13. Organization of the PSUP:
- tactics and research strategy (for screening, for investigations)
- pre-test activities (varieties, advantages and disadvantages)
- legal grounds for the PSUP
- rules for the preparation of documents of the PSUP
Day 14. Procedure of the PSUP:
- requirements for a research facility
- criteria for selecting the time of day and day for research
- indications and contraindications for research
Day 15. Methods of expert review and analysis:
- principles for making decisions on the results of the audit;
- limits of the reliability of the results obtained;
- factors that reduce the reliability of decision making;
- typical methodological errors in decision making.
Day 16. Rules for the conclusion of the conclusion of the PSUP:
- types of conclusions
- constituent parts of the conclusions
Day 17. Comparative characteristics of computer polygraphs
- polygraph RUBIKON
- polygraph AXCITON
- polygraph CRIS
- polygraph LAFAYETTE
- software specificity
Day 18. Procedure before and during the procedure:
- sequence of information
- conducting pre-test counseling
- carrying out an incentive test
Day 19. Artifacts and opposition:
- classification of artifacts
- ways to identify artifacts
- differentiation of unconscious artifacts from deliberate counteractions
- carrying out an incentive test
- conducting tests on the method of revealing concealed information
- expert analysis of the PSUP (for example, screening)
Day 20. Practical classes:
- carrying out an incentive test
- conducting tests on the method of control questions
- expert analysis of the PSUP (on the example of the investigation)
Day 21. Practical classes:
- carrying out an incentive test
- conducting tests by the method of neutral-checking questions
- conducting tests on combined methodical techniques
- Drawing up of the conclusion of the PSUP
Day 22. Practical training, conducting PSUP by entrants, their analysis
Day 23. Practical lessons, conducting PSUP by entrants, their analysis
Day 24. Conducting the final comprehensive exam on the theoretical and practical skills of entrants. Solemn presentation of documents to “young polygraphists”.
We will help you to become a top-level polygraph examiner.
THE RESULT OF TRAINING
- the history of the formation and development of special psychophysiological studies using the lie detector;
- the main stages of development of means and methods of checks on polygraph;
- natural science research principles using polygraph;
- methodological bases of studies using polygraph;
- requirements for the organization of polygraph tests;
- basics of visual, expert evaluation and analysis of registered (recorded) reactograms (polygrams), diagnosis of the emotional state of the subjects;
- factors influencing the reliability of conclusions based on the results of research on the lie detector;
- the generally accepted domestic and international terminology in the field of polygraph application;
- the content of regulatory legal acts relating to the conduct of forensic examinations with the use of a polygraph;
- the principles of predicting human behavior based on known behavioral characteristics and data of psychophysiological research;
- informative signs of physiological reactions and a system for evaluating polygrams.
Be able to:
- organize their professional activities on the basis of their knowledge;
- evaluate the possibility of conducting a polygraph test to determine the issues raised for resolution;
- choose the methods and methods for carrying out polygraph checks that are adequate to the questions posed for resolution;
- analyze verbal and non-verbal manifestations of the psychological and physiological activity of the inspected during the lie detector tests;
- analyze psychological and physiological characteristics recorded by a polygraph during polygraph tests;
- draw up a competent opinion on the results of the research;
- identify the individual psychological features of the subject;
- apply various methods of conducting tests on the lie detector during investigations, official checks, personnel tasks;
- confidently work with equipment for inspections and forensic examinations using a polygraph;
- recognize the signs of counteraction to conducting interviews using polygraph devices;
- use the knowledge gained to improve the professional and daily activities of polygraph examiners;
- be able to prove the presence or absence of a link between psychological characteristics and behavioral patterns of a person using adequate methodology, statistical and logical justifications.
WHAT PERSPECTIVES AFTER TRAINING?
After training, you will be able to choose one of the following options:
- Get a job as a polygraph specialist in state structures or law enforcement agencies (in the National Security Service, the Security Service, the Prosecutor General’s Office, the salary is about 10 thousand UAH, the polygraph examiner searches for vacancies independently);
- To get a job as a polygraph specialist in private structures (banks, payment systems, trading networks, agricultural holdings, etc., wages of about 15-25 thousand UAH, the polygraph examiner searches for vacancies independently);
- Start a private practice of a polygraph examiner and “work for yourself”. In this case, your earnings can be from 500 to 3000 US dollars per month. Everything will depend on your professionalism and ability to correctly choose advertising and marketing strategies. We will help you register your business in accordance with the law; choose the right forms of activity, the optimal form of management. We can also offer you a ready-made website template for promotion.
COST OF TRAINING
Cost of full course of group training of an expert-polygraph examiner (3 stages) – 2000 USD (calculation in UAH at market rate). Payment is made in cashless form. An agreement is concluded.
The cost of individual training (3 stages, the schedule is agreed) – 4000 USD (calculation in UAH at market rate)
DISCOUNTS FOR TRAINING:
10% – for companies ordering training of 2 or more persons.
20% – for law enforcement officers and law enforcement agencies, including former ones.
APPLICATION FOR TRAINING
For registration of the application for training, please call: +38 044 578 19 00 or +38 096 966 9000
You can also send an application for training to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Groups are typed in the order of priority of receipt of applications.
Place of study: Kiev, street. Frometovskaya, 2a (MAUP, Metro Demiivskaya).
Training schedule: 9:00 – 14:00 from Monday to Saturday inclusive.